Martell Home Builders does more than just build home, we build hope. One of our newest initiatives in the community is the Dream Cottage Draw for the Riverview Boys and Girls Club. The Boys and Girls club is fundraising in the hopes of raising $150,000 to help them run their programs and upkeep their facilities, and that’s a cause we wanted to be involved in.
Where do we come in? We wanted to show our support of the club by donating the cottage to be given away! The cottage is a cozy 900 square feet and would make the perfect getaway for anyone looking to have their own personal weekend vacation destination. The winner will also decide where the cottage will go (and then we follow their orders!).
Where do YOU come in? Buy a ticket! Tickets are only $25 with the winner being chosen on Sept. 25th (and trust us, you want this cuddly cozy cottage). For more information about where you ca buy a ticket visit the Boys and Girls’s club website here or call them at 387-7070
Have you always wanted a new home but think that you may not qualify for financing?? Whether you’re coming out of bankruptcy, graduating university, starting a new job, or just plain sick of making your landlord rich, the Lease2Buy program is here to help you own your dream home today.
The process for choosing a Lease2Buy home is the same as buying any other home. After you are determined to be qualified for the Lease2Buy program you choose and customize your home to fit your lifestyle. You then lease the home for 12-24 months at which point you’re ready to own the house that has become your home.
Buying a home can be stressful but it doesn’t have to be. At Martell we want to meet you where you are and help you reach real-estate bliss as soon as possible. The Lease2Buy program was specifically designed for hard working people like you. People who want to start building equity today and stop making others rich.
The Lease2Buy program is simple: you lease in the short-term and end up owning. To learn more about the program and to see if you qualify call (506) -871-5237.
The life and home you’ve always wanted is closer than you thought with the Lease2Buy program at Martell Homes.
Breast cancer is a deadly disease that affects millions of people (men and women) every year. Last year Canadians raised over 30 million dollars toward breast cancer research through the CIBC Run for the Cure. Here at Martell we are proud to have been a part of that and are even more excited about 2012. This year we kicked off our 2012 fundraising campaign with our Wine and Cheese party… and that was just the beginning.
Now is the time for you to get involved in this great cause! We are searching for people to join are team to help make breast cancer history. There are two ways that you can help:
1. Join our team! – The run will be happening on Sunday September the 30th at Centennial park and we’re looking for able bodies to come on out participate. It doesn’t matter whether you run, walk, or crawl to the finish line it’s about getting out and supporting this important cause. If you’re interested in joining our team drop us a note in the comment box or go right onto the CIBC Run for the Cure website (here) and sign up!
2. Donate – If you are unable to participate on “race day” but still want to be involved, your financial support is more than welcome. To donate online, go here or just keep your eyes and ears open for our next fundraising event.
We are truly so honored to be doing our part to eradicate breast cancer and we hope that you will join us as we go beyond just building homes and continue to build hope.
If you’re looking for more information on the CIBC Run for the Cure, you can check out their website here.
Sometimes a little imagination is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to designing a custom home. But, when you’re busy worrying about paint colours and kitchen appliances it can be difficult to find time to come up with a “cool” and unique idea for your home.
And so, we’ve done the work for you! Here are 5 of the most imaginative spaces you’ve ever seen:
1. Some say ‘take the stairs’… I say, “take the slide!”
2. A Comfy Couch Pit
3. Snail Sink
4. A Think Tank Bedroom
5. A Hammock Floor for the Whole Family!
What would you put in your dream home?
Maybe you’re new to Moncton and maybe you’ve lived here your whole life. Either way, there are always places you’re not going that you should be. These places are the hidden treasures.
One of Moncton’s newest “hidden treasures” can be found at 1690 Mountain road, the Jitter Bean Cafe (JBC). And we think you should check it out.This is the perfect cafe for professionals looking to get a healthy lunch, have a casual work meeting, or enjoy a delicious treat. The cafe prides itself in serving only fair trade coffees and teas, buying local, and offering health alternatives like hummus, veggies, gluten free and multigrain options.
Their menu is diverse like their clientel and includes beverages (coffees, teats, lattes, etc), treats (cakes, muffins, cookies), lunch items (panini etc), and crepes which are the newest addition to the JBC menu!
One of my favorite things when I checked out the Jitter Bean Cafe was the atmosphere. Clean, modern, and inviting the JBC will make you feel comfortable the second you walk through the door. There’s just something about mod lamps, black countertops, and turquoise walls that make this cafe a unique find. It’s the perfect blend of chic and modern.
Things to Try: It can be scary checking out somewhere new and so to both ease the process and help you widen your cafe horizons, here are our recommendations:
The Jitter Bean Latte – This caramel chocolate latte with caramel drizzle and chocolate shavings is the perfect treat (seriously, I tried it and will definitely be getting it again).
The Margarita Chicken Panini – This delicious and nutritious lunch is a favorite among JBC customers. Grilled chicken, homemade tomato pesto, roasted red peppers, and lettuce make this the food to try.
For more information about the Jitter Bean Cafe (like their hours) check out there Facebook page here.
What do you think is Moncton’s hidden treasure?
It’s that time of year again: tax time. Tax season can be stressful as we watch our hard earned dollars be ‘given away’ to the government. If you’re tired of watching your money slip through your fingers and want to save on taxes, here are 5 great tax tips to help you do just that:
1. Be Generous – Not only is this a great life philosophy but it also comes in handy around tax time. Although it varies from province to province, the tax credit you receiving can often increase as you give more. (Just remember to get a receipt when you do give!)
2. File on Time – Filing your taxes on time can save you cash. Being late will mean being dinged. You can be charged five percent of your owing balance plus one percent for each month that your balance is late. Avoid that! Note: Personal tax must be filed by April 30 – 2012, Small Businesses by June 30 – 2012
3. RRSPs – Contributions to your RRSPs can mean tax deferral. Take advantage! During the year consider having your RRSP contributions come out of your bank account automatically. Having it done automatically will not only shorten your to-do list but also help to ensure that you invest as much as you plan to.
4. Be Accurate – As much fun as getting a fat cheque from the governenment can be, essentially what you’ve done is given them an interest free loan on your money! That money is money that you could and should be investing! Make your money make money and don’t be over on your taxes (or under). Try to be as accurate as possible.
5. Claim Medical Expenses – You may claim medical expenses for yourself, your dependents, and your spouse. To claim the expenses must exceed 3% of your net income. So, keep those medical receipts and count them up!
For more information on how to save money on your taxes visit the Canada Revenue Agency Page
How are you saving money this tax season?
Are you looking to redecorate this spring? Wanting to spice things up?
You don’t have to build a new house every time that you get bored, sometimes all a space needs is a coat of paint! To help you, we’re going to be bringing to you a colour palette each month as inspiration for your redecorating projects!
Nothing says spring like pastels (and melting snow). And so, to celebrate the coming of spring our colour palette this month includes pastel blue, pink, and gray. This palette, though a little unorthodox, is sure to wow all who see it. The blending of cool and warm tones creates a space that looks clean, modern, and sleek.
Here are some examples of the palette in action:
What are your favorite colours for spring?
What a treat to see an interview by our own Pierre Martell featured by the National Post. We think he did a great job talking about “The Martell Experience”… you can read the article here: http://www.nationalpost.com/Constructing+homebuilding+model/6250173/story.html.
Thank you to The National Post for your interest in Martell Home Builders!
The CIBC Run for the Cure is a special project that Martell has also been proud to support. On the past Friday MHB held a tweetup wine and cheese party to raise fundraise for our run for the cure team! The party was held in one of our ecohomes and what fun it was! Here are some pictures of our night:
Keep an eye out for other opportunities to help fundraise for the Run for the Cure!