- Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 lb of your favourite CORSE ground coffee (decaf works too!)
- 10 cups of lukewarm water
- an extra large bowl
- mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- desired coffee add-ins (cream/sugar)
- 4 mason jars
- Place your coarsely ground beans in the extra large bowl. Add the 10 cups of water.
- Leave at room temperature for ~ 16 hours
- Pour the mixture over the strainer and into the mason jars. Repeat if necessary. The jars now contain concentrated coffee.
- To make the cold brew, add one part concentrated coffee for every 2 parts water. Add ice and whatever add-ins you desire.
The cold-brewed process brings out the more flavour from the beans than any other method!
- Sun Tea
- 1 pitcher of lukewarm water
- 2-3 bags of tea
- fresh lemon
- honey or agave nectar
- Put the tea bags in the pitcher of water. Cover the pitcher and place in direct sunlight (outside is best).
- 2. Allow the tea to steep in the sun for ~ 2hrs.
- Add lemon juice or slices to the pitcher. Add sweetener and serve with ice!
Sun tea is much less bitter than traditionally brewed tea.
3. Electric Lemonade
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup sparkling mineral water
- Dash ginger ale
- 2 – 3 cups ice
- 1 cup vodka or light coloured pop
- Mint sprigs and lemon slices for garnish
- Chill 4 serving glasses in the freezer. Combine lemon juice, sugar, mint, mineral water, ginger ale, and ice in a blender. Slowly blend until thick.
- Remove the four glasses from the freezer and pour a jigger (1/4 cup) vodka into each. Top with frozen lemonade mixture.
- Add a straw and garnish each glass with a fresh mint sprig and a slice of lemon.
Makes 4 servings.
4. DavidsTea Pop
- 4 teaspoons of loose leaf tea
- 16 oz cup
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- Ice cubes
- 8-10 oz of sparkling water
- agave (if desired)
- Bag the tea, or use a tea steeper.
- 2. Add 1/2 c. of hot water to saturate the tea. Add agave if desired–stir gently
- Fill 16 oz (or two 8oz) cups 2/3 way with ice. Strain the tea over ice until cup is 1/3 full with tea.
- Slowly top off with sparkling water.
- Stir gently and enjoy!
- 1 cup of frozen fruit
- 1 T. of greek yogurt
- 1 c. of either juice, fruity tea, powerade,or coconut water.
- honey or agave nectar (if desired)
- other add-in options: chia seeds, fresh fruit, veggies, protein powder, extra yogurt, aloe, psyluum husks, shredded coconut
- Put all of the ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth.
Have any delicious summer drink recipes? Feel free to share!